How to Protect your New Sunless Tan:
Your sunless tan will last anywhere from 3-7 days, and you can protect your tan by making sure you:
- Wait at least 4 to 8 hours before bathing, swimming or coming in contact with water.
- Avoid engaging in activities that cause you to sweat heavily, or involve water like swmming, until your tan has fully developed (at least 4 to 8 hours).
- Applying Makeup is alright, but avoid washing your face until after your initial shower.
- There is a bronzer in the solution, which means that you will have some color immediately after you are sprayed. The color will continue to darken as the solution develops. Your color will lighten after you shower off the bronzer. You will see color coming off in your first shower. This is normal. Your spray tan is not washing off, it is just bronzer.
- Go easy around water the day you get sprayed – this includes everything from doing dishes to brushing your teeth. While you can still do these things, it is recommended that you use caution when you are near water to ensure you do not mess up your spray tan. When doing these avoid wearing vinyl/rubber gloves to do housework the day you are sprayed, before your initial shower.
Moisturizing daily, or twice daily, with a post-sunless products after your first shower and the spray tan has completely developed; is a great way to protect and extent your sunless tan.