Prolonging your Sunless Tan
- Proper skin care before, during and after sunless tanning will extend the life and look of your sunless spray tan.
- Pat dry after your shower. Vigorous rubbing will exfoliate your skin and your tan will not last as long.
- Avoid exfoliating with loufas, body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads until your tan starts to fade away or in preparation of your next spray tan.
- Try to limit the amount of shaving as it in another form of exfoliating, avoid hair removal products like Nair.
- It’s recommended to not use face washes containing salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide, because they can eat away at your spray tan. Your face will fade faster as you wash it more frequently. This also includes Acne spot creams.
- Wait at least one day before going in the ocean or a pool after your tan. Chlorine may make your tan fade faster, however it is not going to remove the tan immediately.
As always moisturizing is a great way to extent and maintain your spray tan, it also helps your tan fade evenly as it wears away.
Tanning World has proper sunless tanning supplies to help extend the left of your sunless spray tan, please see our tanning team associate for more help and details.